Salaheddine Diplomatic Town
Location | Erbil, Iraq
Service | Private Development, Urban Design, Master Plan, Architecture, Landscape
Client | Salaheddine Development Group
Year | 2014
Lead Consultant | Khatib & Alami Consolidated Engineering, Beirut
Team Leader | Abdul-Halim Jabr
UNIT44 Team | N Dbouk, architectural development
On a land composed of several steep hills, with an artificial dam planned along its natural valley, the client sought a mixed program as follows:
- Boutique hotel
- Hotel of 400 rooms
- A conference hall with 3000 seats with related car parking
- 100 villas (areas vary between 500 and 750 m2)
- Make benefit of the potential natural lake by implementing restaurants and coffee shops in its surrounding
- 200 villas for tourists with variable areas of 500sqm, 1000sqm, and 1500sqm.
- Appropriate residential and business towers
Taking into consideration both site constraint’s and client’s targeted program, UNIT44 delivered a master plan reflecting a gentle approach of development along with a careful balance of density and quality of built/natural environment .
Residential villas and townhouses were situated along the main highway frontage of the site, with a boutique hotel, medical center and clustered apartment buildings welcoming the main spine. The ends of this main spine are a grand hotel + a polo club, and a congress center. Larger villas crown the top of the development.